Description of the offer : Oenological day Bordeaux
This oenological day in Bordeaux and Blaye is perfect to discover the history and the heritage of Blaye and Bordeaux. A 100% oenological and cultural day.
Proceeding of your oenological day Bordeaux :
Throughout a cultural and oenological tour, you will discover the city of Blaye and Bordeaux during a entire day with lunch break.
– You will start this oenological day Bordeaux with the visit of the Marquis de Vauban castle, located 300m away from the Blaye Citadel on the Gironde Estuary side. This castle is a beautiful building from the XVII century near the estuary with its wine cellar and its vines. The existence of 38 different appellations within the vineyard is explained by the diversity of soils, that is to say, soil types, cultivated grape varieties, cultivation and vinification practices.
–Following this visit, a wine tasting will be proposed, to continue with the meal of the winemaker, a local menu with the famous rooster wine in an old cellar of the castle.
– Then you will embark aboard the small train which offers you a guided walk to discover the history and heritage of Blaye. You will see the Plassac Citadel, the vineyard of Bayles Côtes de Bordeaux and the Gironde estuary.
– You will continue the afternoon with a guided tour of the old Bordeaux where you’ll get to discover the beautiful monuments designated at the UNESCO World Heritage under the title”Outstanding urban ensemble”.
This oenological day in Bordeaux is perfect to discover the wine world. Beginners or enthusiasts, you will be satisfied during this oenological day !
> In order to get rates for your oenological day Bordeaux, with a lower or higher number of people, you can contact us.
Offer details : Oenological day Bordeaux
The price includes
- Citadelle de Blaye tour by little train,
- Bordeaux guided tour.
The price does not include
- Transport (as an option),
- Personal expenses,
- All non mentioned services or activities.